Research projects of NSC students for short projects and MSc theses often form the basis for publications in high impact journals or conferences. The following is a list of publications to which NSC students have contributed as part of their research projects (NSC students highlighted in bold):
- Kanders, Karlis and Stoop, R. Phase response properties of Rulkov’s model neurons, Proceedings of Nonlinear Dynamics of Electronic Systems, Springer Proceedings in Physics, 2016.
- El Boghdady Nawal, Kegel A., Lai W.K. and Dillier, N. A Neural-Based Vocoder Implementation for Evaluating Cochlear Implant Coding Strategies, Hearing Research, 2016.
- Chen J, Margolis D, Stankov Atanas, Sumanovski L, Schneider B, and Helmchen F. Pathway-specific reorganization of projection neurons in somatosensory cortex during learning. Nature Neuroscience, 2015.
- Gapp, K, Soldado-Magraner, Saray, Alvarez-Sánchez M, Bohacek J, Vernaz G, Shu H, Franklin T.B., Wolfer D, and Mansuy I. Early life stress in fathers improves behavioural flexibility in their offspring, Nature communications 5:, 2014.
- Corradi F, Bontrager David, and Indiveri G. Toward neuromorphic intelligent brain-machine interfaces: An event-based neural recording and processing system, Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS) 584-587, 2014.
- Pfeifer J, Asano R, Attina V, d’Errico M, El Boghdady, Nawal, Estivalet G, Grön L, Guillemard D, Kang HJ, Luckmann A, Mina F, Tabibi S, and Viswanathan J. Report of the summer school of Pitch, Music and Associated Pathologies. Psychomusicology: Music, Mind, and Brain, Vol 24(3), Sep 2014, 264-271; 2014.
- Manoonpong P, Dasgupta S, Goldschmidt Dennis, and Wörgötter F. Reservoir-based online adaptive forward models with neural control for complex locomotion in a hexapod robot, Int. Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 3295-3302, 2014.
- Paliwal Saee, Petzschner F, Schmitz AK, Tittgemeyer M, Stephan KE. A model-based analysis of impulsivity using a slot-machine gambling paradigm, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 8(428), 2014.
- Lorimer Tom, Gomez F, and Stoop R. Deviation From Criticality in Functional Biological Networks, Springer CCIS 438, 309-316, 2014.
- Gomez F, Lorimer Tom, and Stoop R. Complex Networks of Harmonic Structure in Classical Music, Springer CCIS 438, 262-269, 2014.
- Goldschmidt Dennis, Wörgötter F, and Manoonpong, P. Biologically-inspired adaptive obstacle negotiation behavior of hexapod robots, Frontiers in Neurorobotics, 8:(3), 2014.
- Gomez, F., Saase Victor, Buchheim, N. and Stoop, R. How the Ear Tunes In to Sounds: A Physics Approach, Physical Review Applied, 1: 014003, 2014.
- Neil Daniel and Liu S-C. Minitaur, an event-driven FPGA-based Spiking Network Accelerator, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems 99, 2014.
- Bartussek J, Mutlu A. Kadir, Zapotocky M, Fry SN. Limit-cycle-based control of the myogenic wingbeat rhythm in the fruit fly Drosophila, J R Soc Interface, 10:(80) 20121013, 2013
- Chen, J. L., Carta, S., Soldado-Magraner, Joana, Schneider, B. L., & Helmchen, F. (2013). Behaviour-dependent recruitment of long-range projection neurons in somatosensory cortex. Nature, 499(7458), 336-340.
- Lee Gerick, Fattinger S, Mouthon A-L, Noirhomme Q, and Huber R. (2013). Electroencephalogram approximate entropy influenced by both age and sleep, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 7:(33).
- Lieder, Falk, Stephan, KE, Daunizeau, J, Garrido,MI, & Friston, KJ (in press). A Neurocomputational Model of the Mismatch Negativity. PLoS Computational Biology.
- Lieder, Falk, Goodman, N.D., Griffiths, T.L. (accepted).Reverse-Engineering Resource-Efficient Algorithms.Resource-Efficient Machine Learning Workshop @ NIPS 2013.
- O’Connor Peter, Neil Daniel, Liu S-C., Delbruck T., and Pfeiffer M. Real-Time Classification and Sensor Fusion with a Spiking Deep Belief Network, Frontiers in Neuromorphic Engineering, 7:(178), 2013
- Stoop, R.L. and Saase, Victor and Wagner, C. and Stoop, B. and Stoop, R. Beyond scale-free small-world networks: Cortical columns for quick brains, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2013
- Corneil, Dane, Sonnleithner, D., Neftci, E., Chicca, E., Cook, M., Indiveri, G., & Douglas, R. (2012, May). Real-time inference in a VLSI spiking neural network. In Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2012 IEEE International Symposium on (pp. 2425-2428). IEEE.
- Corneil, Dane, Sonnleithner, D., Neftci, E., Chicca, E., Cook, M., Indiveri, G., & Douglas, R. (2012, June). Function approximation with uncertainty propagation in a VLSI spiking neural network. In Neural Networks (IJCNN), The 2012 International Joint Conference on (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Daducci, Alessandro and Gerhard, Stephan and Griffa, Alessandra and Lemkaddem, Alia and Cammoun, Leila and Gigandet, Xavier and Meuli, Reto and Hagmann, Patric and Thiran, Jean-Philippe. The Connectome Mapper: an open-source processing pipeline to map connectomes with MRI, PLOS ONE, 7:(12) 1-9, 2012
- Li, Chenghan and Delbruck, T. and Liu, S-C. Real-time speaker identification using the AEREAR2 event-based silicon cochlea, 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems 1159– 1162, 2012
- Lieder, Falk, Thomas L. Griffiths, and Noah D. Goodman. Burn-in, bias, and the rationality of anchoring”. Proc. of Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS). Eds. P. Bartlett, et al. 2012.
- Marques, H. G., Völk, Kristin, König, S., & Iida, F. (2012). Self-organization of spinal reflexes involving homonymous, antagonist and synergistic interactions. In From Animals to Animats 12 (pp. 269-278). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Marques, H. G., Völk, Kristin, Konig, S., & Iida, F. (2012). Self-organization of spinal reflexes through soft musculoskeletal interactions. In Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob), 2012 4th IEEE RAS & EMBS International Conference on (pp. 606-611). IEEE.
- Stoop, R. and Martignoli, S. and Benner, Philipp and Stoop, R.L. and Uwate, Y. Shrimps: Occurence, Scaling and Relevance, Intl.Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 22: 1-13, 2012
- Yang, M. H. and Liu, S-C. and Li, Chenghan and Delbruck, T. Design of an addressable current reference array with ultra wide dynamic range, 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems 3110-3113, 2012
- Finger, Holger and Liu, S.C. Estimating the location of a sound source with a spike-timing localization algorithm, Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2011 IEEE International Symposium on 2461-2464, 2011
- Lieder, Falk., Daunizeau, J., Garrido,M.I.,Stephan, K.E., & Friston, K.J. (2011). Free-Energy Minimization and the Mismatch Negativity: Simulations based on Generalised Filtering. Human Brain Mapping 2011, Quebec City, Canada.
- Saase, Victor and Stoop, Ruedi. Cortical Microcircuits Have No Distinguished Role in LSM Information Processing, Proceedings of the 2011 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA) 358-361, 2011
- Finger, Holger and Ruvolo, P and Liu, S C and Movellan, J R Approaches and Databases for Online Calibration of Binaural Sound Localization for Robotic Heads, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2010 : 18 – 22 Oct. 2010, Taipei, Taiwan 4340-4345, 2010
- Stoop, R and Benner, Philipp and Uwate, Y Real-world existence and origins of the spiral organization of shrimp-shaped domains, Physical Review Letters, 105:(7) e074102, 2010